SMU Online Application 2024 | Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Apply Now – SMU Admission. On this Page you will find details on Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Application Forms 2024-2025. SMU Online Registration Dates. Courses Offered. SMU Prospectus PDF for 2024-2025. Late Application Forms and More. Its important that students apply as early as possible to prevent application inconveniences. To aid you in this effort, we present to you the various steps you need to submit an application to SMU, being Online Application Forms or Hard Copy Application Forms for the 2024-2025 Academic Year.
SMU Online Application 2024 | Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Apply Now – SMU Admission
Apply for admission at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University – Admission application for the 2024/2025 academic year. Please read attentively the information we have organized here to help you apply for admission at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University step by step.
SMU Online Application 2024-2025
Before submitting an application, make sure to check out the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Admission Requirements for the courses/course you are applying for, this is important as your admission success depends on it.
What does the selection process entail?
Applicants currently in Grade 12 may be requested to provide certified copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
SMU will not accept the General Education Development (GED) test for entry into any of its curricular undergraduate qualifications. The GED is no longer recognised by Universities South Africa (USAf), and is not equivalent to a South African grade 12 (NSC/IEB/SACAI). Applicants who completed the GED and would like to study towards an undergraduate curricular qualification are advised to register and complete a grade 12 NSC/IEB/SACAI or international equivalent thereof.
Steps on How to Get your SMU APS Score
At the core of the selection process is a calculation of your APS score, which considers your last Grade 12 score and other key factors, for example, the school you joined in, and your gender, financial strength, race, etc.
Prior to submitting an application, if it’s not too much trouble, check whether you meet the legal and college-explicit affirmation requirements, and the required APS Score for your chosen qualification(s).
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How do I get my APS?
- First you have to have your final Matric examination certificate.
- Your top 7 Matric subject’s marks are changed into a point system that works out your APS (see diagram 1 below).
(The total points in the above diagram is 40 points)
NB: It is advised that all prospective student refrain from paying monies to anyone who presents themselves as admission guides or representatives of SMU to the end of assisting in Online Applications or Hard Copy Applications. Many have been scammed this way. Either visit the Website directly or visit the SMU registrars office.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR SEFAKO MAKGATHO HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY, SMU ADMISSION
To use the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, SMU online application feature, you must have a working internet device, a valid email address which is not shared with another Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, SMU applicant, your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, and your passport number. Kindly follow the easy steps below to apply online for Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, SMU (Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, SMU Online Application) admission:
1. Apply Online
- Step 1: Please apply online via the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, SMU Application Portal if you are enrolling for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Study Abroad or Graduate School of Business Exchange Program.
- Step 2: If you are a first time user, you will then be prompted to answer ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ to the required fields
- Step 3: After you are done with the above steps, you will then be taken to the page where you will be required to fill in all the necessary information like your Personal Details, Nationality, Address Information, disability information, Study Choices, Residential Address, Postal Address, Contact Details, Demographic Details, Next of Kin, Emergency Contact, Current Activities, Employment, Education, Indemnity and Undertaking, make Payment and upload the necessary Documents.
- Step 4: Complete all the fields and click ‘Next’ at each interval to proceed.
- Step 5: When you are done, kindly click on the ‘Submit‘ button to get your application submitted.
2. Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email confirming online submission of your application immediately.
- Within three working days, you should receive formal acknowledgment of your application along with your student number and log-in details.
- Note this acknowledgement does not mean you’ve been accepted or admitted to Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, UL.
3. Upload Supporting Documents
In order to consider your application successful,
- please upload the scanned copy of every necessary supporting documents listed below on this article. If the application is incomplete, it may be declined by the University.
- Your application will not be processed if you have not submitted all the required applicable documentation mentioned below.
- If you have not submitted the required documentation within a period of two months, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
- The University receives more applications than it can accommodate and meeting admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
- There are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students.
- Applications for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and it would be issued in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and to be submitted during registration.
4. Acceptance of Offer
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SEFAKO MAKGATHO HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY, SMU ONLINE APPLICATION
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Certified copy of your ID/passport document (compulsory).
- Certified Grade 11 end of year examination results (for those currently in grade 12) or your National Senior/Matric/IEB Certificate (if you have already completed Grade 12).
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s) and academic record (if you attended or are currently a student at SMU or another university).
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Proof of payment of the compulsory and non-refundable application fee of R200.00
I hope we have been able to make your SMU online application for 2023/2024 seamless and easy. The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is really a place to be and we have our reasons for that. According to a statement on the University’s website, they always thrive on providing a comprehensive range of qualifications across a broad range of health sciences fields.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ON THE SMU ONLINE APPLICATION
1. I would like to enquire about the opening of applications to study at SMU for this year. What are the requirements to study?
- Application information for intake is available above and you can view the SMU courses and the admission requirements
2. What is my application status?
- To check or verify your SMU Application status and log in with the student number that was allocated to you when you first applied. Please contact the admission office firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Center No.: 012 521 4204/4319/4644/5057
3. How many qualifications/degrees can I apply for?
- You are allowed to apply for a maximum of two qualifications, first choice and second choice.
4. Can I please get a quotation for studies?
- Yes, you can. Please visit the SMU tuition and Fee structure page
5. When do applications open?
- You can start applying online from June every year. Kindly check the SMU Application deadline and dates in order not to be left out.
6. What is the application fee?
- The application fee is R200 and is non-refundable. Kindly visit the SMU Application fee page for more details.
7. When and where can I apply for SMU bursaries?
- You can go to the SMU website at: https://www.smu.ac.za/students/financial-aid/bursaries/ Support for information on bursaries and funding.
8. What do I need to apply online?
To apply online, you need:
- Access to the internet and a valid email address;
- To complete the Application Form accurately online;
- To specify the names of your first and second choice degrees (if applicable);
- Pay the R200 non-refundable application fee; and
- Upload the following documents: certified copies of your ID/passport; Grade 11/12 results; academic record (if you have attended other universities including SMU) and proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee.
9. How do I apply manually at MUT?
- Download the Application Form that is available on www.smu.ac.za;
- Complete the form in full and answer all questions with black ink (pen);
- Make sure the names appearing on your identity document (ID), as well as your certificates are the same and in the same sequence; and
- Include the following documents: certified copies of your ID/passport; Grade 11/12 results; academic record (if you have attended other universities including SMU) and proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee.
10. If I am an international student; how do I apply to study at SMU?
- All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Application for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country of residence/origin, and should be in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU). The study permit should be submitted during registration.
11. When are your Open Days for SMU?
- All SMU Open Days are currently physical and will be announced on the official website of SMU. This is to ensure that our stakeholders stay safe and healthy.
12. To whom do I address my manual SMU application form?
- Post to: The Registrar
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
P.O. Box 60
- Or hand delivered to: Enrolment Management Office
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
Clinical Pathology Building (Basement)
Office Hours: 07h30 – 16h00 (Monday – Friday)
- Or email to: email@example.com
13. How do I apply for SMU residences?
- There is an option for residential application on the Application Form. Please Note: there are limited places in University residence and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in residence. The places are awarded on a first come first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
14. Can I still qualify to study at your university, if I studied at another institution?
- When you apply, you still need to add your matric certificate, along with the academic record from your current institution. The Faculty will decide on admission and credits.
15. I am having technical difficulties during the online application process – who can I contact?
- Please call the following numbers for assistance: admission office firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Center No.: 012 521 4204/4319/4644/5057
16. How long does it take to get feedback after applying?
- We aim to reply as soon as possible, but we receive a large number of applications. This is also dependent on the submission of all relevant documentation and the time frame in which you apply.
17. How do I know if my SMU application form has been received?
- You will receive an SMS/email notification.
18. For which courses do I qualify?
- Please visit the SMU prospectus and courses as well as our SMU entry requirement regarding our courses and admission.
19. When can I expect a response about the status of my application if I am in Grade 12?
- Pre-selections are usually done between October and December every year, using your Grade 11 results (for those in Grade 12) and you will be informed about the outcome.
- The final selection will take place in January, after the release of Grade 12/NSC results by the Department of Basic Education and Independent Examinations Board.
- There will be SMS and email notifications and/or telephone calls to applicants.
- You can also check the status of your application on smu.ac.za after the release of Grade 12.
20. When is registration going to take place for the accepted applicants?
- Successful applicants will be informed of registration details in January.
21. Can a study/admission offer be withdrawn?
- Yes, the offer can be withdrawn if the information provided by the applicant is found to be untruthful after an admission offer has been made. The admission offer can be revoked immediately and no further correspondence will be entered into with the applicant.
22. Can I apply with a Birth Certificate?
- No, it must be an ID.
23. How can I update my application details?
- Prospective applicants (who have already submitted their applications) can request a change of qualification by submitting a request to the following email address: email@example.com please be sure to include your student number and contact details in the email.