myNSFAS Registration, NSFAS was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act (Act 56 of 1999) and incorporated TEFSA (Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa). From 1993 to 2000, TEFSA was the primary non-profit company in terms of Section 21 of the Companies Act and ceased to operate in July 2000. All existing loans on the TEFSA books were transferred to NSFAS.
The NSFAS Act enables any student to apply for a bursary from NSFAS but allows the board to impose conditions, generally, or in respect of a particular loan or bursary. Such conditions include the use of the means test and the loan conversion of up to 40 per cent of any loan as an incentive for academic success.
NSFAS requires you to make use of a myNSFAS account to apply and track your application status, here’s how to create your account.
The following steps will help you to create your myNSFAS account:
- First visit the NSFAS website
- Click on the myNSFAS tab in the top right corner.
- Click on register.
- Tick on the acceptance option to allow NSFAS to verify and validate the information you have provided.
- Type in your ID number as it appears on your ID document.
- Type in your name and surname as they appear on your ID Document.
- Type in your email address and cellphone number. Your username will be your email address.
- Create a password and confirm your password.
- Upload a copy of your ID.
- Click on register.
- After clicking register, a One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the email address and cellphone number you provided.
- Check your cellphone and email for the OTP.
- Type in the OTP in the tab provided and click submit.
- You will then receive another SMS and email confirming that your myNSFAS account has been created. You may now continue with your application.
NSFAS is the National Student Financial Aid Scheme which is a government loan and bursary fund for students. NSFAS bursary applications and registrations are open in the later part of the year for students who want to study in the next calendar year.
How to login to MyNSFAS account
The registered students can access their MyNSFAS account by following these steps:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on MyNSFAS Account.
- Input your username and password.
- Login to MyNSFAS account.
To check your nsfas wallet online (nsfas eWallet)
- Navigate to celbux.appspot.com.
- Log into your account by typing in your cellphone number and password.
- Click the “Login” button.
- In your account, click “More”.
- Then, click “Transactions”.
- Now, you can view your wallet balance.
How To Log In To MyNSFAS Account?
Here is how you can create your myNSFAS account:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password. The username is usually your email address.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your details will immediately be updated.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.